Friday, November 9, 2007

Getting Started

I've been a blog lurker for so long now, not sure that I'm cut out to having my own. But I've decided it's time, for three main reasons:
  1. I want a place to document my journey for my own personal purposes
  2. I want to become part of a really neat community I've found while lurking a ton of mommy blogs
  3. I want a place where I can have my family read about our journey
Mainly, I just want to give this a try. No better time than the present, right? And the title of my blog, for now, sort of explains that. I have a ton of learning to do. I am not a writer. I am not a technical wiz. I do not know most of the web lingo. I do not have a lot of free time. But, I'm game and what better month to start than NaBloPoMo?

I will post things mostly about my family, but also about blogs that I read, books that I read, tv shows that I watch or movies that I watch. I do not have much time to read or watch tv, but as the kids grow, I think I'll have more time. I will probably get into my past issues with infertility, my IVF that resulted in beautiful twin boys and then subsequent pregnancy that resulted in my beautiful baby girl. I will talk about the process of building a new house and trying to put a house on the market with three young children. I will post my struggles with trying to find time to excercise and eat healthy and how to get a good meal on the table while working full time. I may get into my thoughts as the elections draw near next year, but not sure I want to go there in such a public forum, but we'll see.

Mostly this is just for me, so if you stumble upon this, my apologies for probably breaking all the rules. My hope is that after I get the hang of this, that I will end up posting information that is useful or at least enjoyable to read. Maybe someone will relate and I'll meet some neat people. Maybe I'll get good at it and be able to quit my job and do this full time! (ha ha)

So welcome to my journey. It's never too late to start.

No comments: