Saturday, January 5, 2008

6 Months

Amber had her 6 month appointment this week. She is doing great and I can't believe how fast she's growing.

Height: 27 1/2 inches (95%)
Weight: 18 lbs. 9 oz. (90%)
Head: 17 1/4" (80%)

At the boy's 6 month appointment (4/21/06):

Tyler
Height: 28" (85%)
Weight: 18 lbs. 10.5 oz. (70%)
Head: 18" (90%)

Cory
Height: 26 3/4" (60%)
Weight: 17 lbs. 9 oz. (50%)
Head: 17 1/2" (60%)

So far Amber has tracked right in between them. It will be interesting to watch as they grow.

Amber also had her immunizations the Dr. recommends at her 6 month appointment and also got her flu shot. I've recently read a bunch of statistics from people that say getting vaccinations are very bad for your children's health. I know my children have not had any adverse reactions to any of their vaccinations except for a minor fever from the flu vaccine. We just have the technology and information to prevent very deadly diseases. So I guess the question is what is the likelihood of your child getting sick from a disease that is preventable vs. the likelihood of your child getting sick from the vaccinations. A good topic to learn more about for sure. I still need to do some research, but have decided at this point that I think we have a social responsibility to immunize our children.

No comments: