Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Can't Sleep

I don't know why some nights I just lay in bed and can't seem to drift off to never never land. I think I'm just too excited about our farm project and the horses we are now boarding at our place. We have so much to do and it is so fun. I've been patient in knowing that I will some day get another horse when the kids are old enough and I have a little more time to myself during the week and weekends. But, mom has wanted her horse dream fulfilled quicker than we would be ready to buy any horses.

So, dad put a sign out in front of the property and we've gotten 5 people interested in a little over a week. We are in an ideal location because many neighborhoods are very close and there are no other facilities very close. We also have a very nice set-up with a 3 stall barn and very nice hay pasture.

So, we got our first horses on Tuesday and it couldn't be a more ideal situation. The woman that owns the horses doesn't ride very often and she said we could ride them whenever we want. My mom and I now have horses to ride that are paid for by someone else that is paying board at the farm.

Miles is happy. The kids absolutely love them as well. Amber won't leave without a fuss and the boys always ask when we'll be able to see the horses.

I can't wait to have my own, but at least now our barn isn't being used for a furniture storage place.

2 comments:

Safire said...

You have horses?! Even if they aren't your own, you at least have horses on your property. I'm so jealous!

Muser Grace said...

That sounds so, so fabulous! How fun!